Valve Actuator Tree
How to setup your Actuator Tree.
- Power supply: 24VDC
- Low noise valve movement via a stepping motor
- Operating temperature: 0 ° C … 55 ° C
- Humidity: 80% RH
- Dimensions: 73 x 46 x 53 mm (without adapter)
- Type 1 (EN60730-1)
- Maximum power consumption: 1.5W
- Protection: IP20
- No maintenance required. Cleaning with a dry cloth.
- Cable Diameter: 0.258 – 0.34 mm²
- Cable external diameter: 1.1 – 1.6 mm² (cable must for min 60 ° C may be specified.)
The valve actuator performs calibration after being learnt in to the system. The valve actuator should be installed on the valve before commissioning. Make sure the valve pin is secure and not rusty before fitting the actuator.
To commisioning, the actuator tree connect the 24V power (orange/orange-white) and the Tree (green/green-white).
Ensure the correct punch down tool is used to terminate cable.
There are also the following outputs for troubleshooting:
- Online Status
- No valve detected
- Valve stuck
After the actuator has been learnt in it will start calibrating. This is where the valve actuator will learn the travel from 0% to 100% position. Many valves reach maximum flow rate at 50% of actuator value. You can adjust the correction value by setting “target value 2” to 50 in the properties of the analogue output of the actuator. This varies from valve to valve.
The analogue output of the actuator can be linked directly to the output ‘AQ’ of the Intelligent room controller block.
Please note the LED’s on the Actuator Tree cannot be disabled, these are intended for the use on manifolds.
The actuator can be opened or closed completely for test purposes. To perform this test, right click on the actuator in the Periphery. Here, you can now carry out the device Start Device Test (= fully open actuator), Stop Device Test (= fully close actuator) and obtain the travel details (Recalibrate Device).
In order to ensure that the actuators know the exact movement of the valve they have been placed on they must run a calibration procedure. This is done automatically when you first learn the actuators in so we recommend you learn in and power up your actuators for the first time when they are mounted to the respective valve. If this is not done you will need to recalibrate the actuator manually the process for this is:
- Open Loxone config and connect to your Miniserver and load out from it.
- Ensure the Tree Extension or Actuators are not updating.
- In the periphery right click on the actuator and select “Calibrate Device” this can take up to 20 seconds to happen and you will hear it begin to move on the calibration cycle.
- Repeat this process for all actuators.