Weather Station Air
- Power supply: 2x AA batteries or external power supply via 10 – 30 VDC SELV
- Power consumption: battery. Approx. ~ 14μW (sleep) 39mW (awake), 24V DC: typ. 70mW max. 1.1W (when rain sensor heater is active)
- Frequency: 868MHz (SRD Band Europe), 915MHz (ISM Band Region 2)
- Wireless coverage range up to 30m* – 100ft*
- Loxone Air Mesh: in battery operation NO, supplied with 24V DC yes.
- Rain sensor with anti-condensation heater (used only with and external power supply)
- Wind Sensor: Minimum Wind Speed: ~8km/h (~5mph)
- Wind speed: 9 – 145km/h (5.5 – 90mph)
- Brightness sensor: 0 – 188000lux
- Temperature sensor: -40 – 125 ° C (-40 – 257 ° F)
- Protection class: IP44
- Expected battery life in normal operation: 2 years
- Operating temperature: -30 – 85 ° C (-22 – 185 ° F) (24V operation), -20 °C – 54 °C (-4 – 129° F) (battery operated)
- Max mounting pipe diameter: 50mm
- Dimensions: 262x120x90mm (10.3×4.7×3.5in)
- Weight: 234g including batteries
- No maintenance required. Clean with a dry cloth.
*depending on the environment this could be less or more.
We recommend installing the weather station in a place where wind, rain and sun can be detected without hindrance. Ideally, the weather station should be mounted on a pole using the included accessories as shown in the folder. Air turbulence caused by buildings or objects and can, therefore, distort the measurement depending on the wind direction and must be considered.
For example, this works well when the weather station is mounted approx 1.5m above the roof. For flat roofs, the positioning is recommended in the middle of the roof.
Do bear in mind that the Weather station will be fully exposed to sunlight so will warm up due to the full exposure. Because of this, it is recommended to pick your location based on which bit of information is more important for that installation; the temperature or brightness aspect of the Weather Station.
LEARNING IN WEATHER STATION
In order to be able to learn the Weather Station Air, the weather station must first be placed in Learning Mode. After the battery is inserted, the learning mode is automatically started and remains in this state until:
- Successfully connected the to the Miniserver
- 10 minutes pass without connecting to the Miniserver
To put the Weather Station Air back into learn mode remove the battery and reinstall it after a short time. Press the learn button for at least 5 seconds within 10 seconds of powering up. The Weather Station Air will now go into learn mode.
Once the Weather Station Air is listed in the periphery the following options will be available.
- Analogue input Brightness (0 to 188000 lux)
- Analogue input Wind Speed (9 to 145 km / h) (5.5 – 90mph)
- Analogue input Temperature Sensor (-40 to 125 ° C) (-40 – 257 ° F)
- Digital input Rain
- Digital Input Storming Warning
- Digital input Sunshine
The Storm Warning is issued when the measured wind speed exceeds the set threshold speed:
- When operating on battery power, the warning speed must be set via the dial (Petentiometer) at on top of the Weather Station.
The thresholds of the potentiometer are as follows:
Battery Operation: Where potentiometer position “1” is the left most position and potentiometer position “5” is the right most position. The five potentiometer positions are indicated by the markings on the housing.
Wired Operation: The setting has to be made in the Config in the weather station of the weather station in the “Warning speed” field.
The weather station automatically detects whether the sun is shining or not. Sunshine is recognised when:
- the brightness is greater than 25000 Lux, or
- the brightness is greater than 5000 lux and the brightness has increased by more than 5000 lux in the last five minutes
No sunshine is recognised when
- the brightness is less than 5000 lux, or
- the brightness is less than 25000 Lux and the brightness has decreased by more than 5000 lux in the last five minutes.
If sunshine parameters are met for at least five minutes, the digital input “ Sunshine “ is activated.
If sunshine parameters not are met for at least 20 minutes, the digital input “Sunshine” is deactivated.
The weather station automatically detects whether the sun is shining or not. Sunshine is detected when the measured brightness value exceeds the set value in the properties.
When rain is detected, the digital input “Rain” is activated.
In battery operation this heater is not activated due to the power consumption. This means that rain will be detected in battery operation when there is condensation on the sensor.
If the checkbox “Diagnostic inputs” is activated, the following inputs are available:
- Online Status (On = Online)
- Battery capacity in [%]
- Battery Low: If the charge level of the battery falls below 15%, this input goes to 1/On.
The transmission cycle can be set in the properties. By default, the current measured values are transmitted every 60 minutes. Please note that updating the values more often results in a higher power consumption and therefore a shorter battery life.
If the device is supplied with 24V, the transmission is carried out as required.
With the Loxone weather station Air you can detect rain, wind and sun.
The wind alarm input is connected to the Sp input of the Automatic Blinds or the Central block.
Sunshine can, for example, be used for automatic shading of the automatic blinds.
The entrance rain can be used to retract awnings or to close roof surfaces windows.